Books on algorithms, data structured, problem solving and programming challenges.
knuthArt of Computer Programming, (Vols. 1-4) — Donald Ervin Knuth
- the most revered compendium of algorithms
clrsIntroduction to Algorithms (3e) — Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein
- generally known as the CLRS textbook, one of the best keep next to hand reference book and widely used textbook for both grad and undergrad level courses
DPVAlgorithms (1e) — Sanjoy Dasgupta, Christos H. Papadimitriou, Umesh Vazirani
- explains the fundamentals of algorithms in a story line that makes the material enjoyable and easy to digest
sedge-c++Algorithms in C++, Parts 1-4: Fundamentals, Data Structure, Sorting, Searching — Robert Sedgewick
- this book reminds me of recursion, sweet taste of C++ accompanied with great diagrams and wonderful text
SedgewickAlgorithms (4e) — Robert Sedgewick, Kevin Wayne
- this book outlines codes in Java, and explains things very well
skienaThe Algorithm Design Manual — Steve S. Skiena
- organized in two parts: (1) text on algorithms and data structures & (2) catalog of algorithms
A note on four classic books. A commentary on programming and CS books in general.
AUAlgorithms Unlocked — Thomas H. Cormen
- By C of CLRS. Presents basics of algorithms for newbies and as a refresher.